Health and Safety precautions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19.
For current updates, please monitor our website and Facebook.
ALL skaters, spectators and guests of the Greensboro Ice House are REQUIRED to wear a face mask to enter the facility and must remain on for their entire visit within the facility.
- Face coverings must remain in place, in all rink spaces, at all times, unless you are under age five or actively eating or drinking, as allowed by NC EO 180 Sec 2.4b,c.
- Face coverings must remain in place to enter the ice surface.
- Once on-ice activity begins, skaters may adjust, but not remove face covering to prevent respiratory or choking hazards, as allowed by NC EO 181, Sections 2.4a and 2.5.
- Where social distancing is possible, coaches and instructors may temporarily lower face coverings to communicate with players and students, as allowed by NC EO 181, Section 2.4e
Individuals will be asked to leave the facility if not found abiding this policy.
As of March 26th, 2021, at 5:00pm, the Greensboro Ice House will allow two (2) spectators per skater for all events (except Freestyle and Learn to Skate).
This includes all games, hockey practices, Open Hockey sessions, private ice reservations, Public Skate, etc.
Spectators (as well as skaters) are required to wear face coverings in the facility at all times, and must complete a health screening before entering the facility.
- We’ve added more cleaning staff to clean and sanitize various surfaces throughout the rink.
- We are doing more frequent deep cleaning and sanitizing of high-traffic and high-touch areas.
- We’ve ensured soap is available in all restrooms and placed hand sanitizer throughout the rink.
- We’ve posted Centers for Disease Control signage regarding proper hand washing and personal hygiene in various locations in the rink.
View our Safety at Center Ice Reopening Guide below. Click the button below to download or view, or preview it on this page.
Yes, at this time we are requiring all skaters participating in any Greensboro Ice House program (Open Hockey, Freestyle, Learn to Skate, Public Skating, and Adult Noon Skate) to pre-register using the Ice Hub
All pre-registration (with the exception of Freestyle sessions) must be done through the Greensboro Ice Hub.
Skaters can check in and complete the screening process up to one (1) hour prior to the start of their event. Please visit our Protocols page for information on when skaters can enter the facility and check-in procedures.
We have placed markers every six feet along the wall bordering the ice, the railing of the mezzanine, the benches along the rinkside, and the waiting areas for skaters being checked in/renting skates.
We have also limited the number of individuals that can be in the building at any given time, to allow enough space for proper social distancing.
Individuals not following the CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines will be asked to move away from other patrons. If they remain non-compliant, they will be asked to leave the facility.
The Inside Edge ProShop is open on a limited basis. The capacity of the ProShop is 5 individuals, and visits must be 15 minutes or less.
For gear fittings, skate purchases, and longer visits, please email Matt Gilmore to schedule an appointment. This will also ensure that we will have a Pro Shop attendant available to help you.