Part Time position working an average of 15-25 hours per week
- Must be 17 or older with a worker’s permit
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be working towards or possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have weekend and week night availability
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be able to grasp concepts quickly and be able to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of figure skating and hockey is helpful but not necessary
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Skate Rental, Front Desk, Ice Patrol, Scorekeeper
- General customer service – interacting with customers, answering phones, program registrations
- Maintain cleanliness of the facility
- Ensuring the safety and satisfaction of our guests using excellent customer service skills
- Hours for these positions range from 5am to 1:30am (opening, midday, and closing shifts).
- We do not have any openings for people looking to only work Mon-Fri daytime hours.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered or kept on file for future reference.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
Score keep for Greensboro Adult Hockey League
Games are evenings, 7 days a week!
Pay rate is $15 per game
- Keeping track of rosters, running scoreboard and entering scoring/penalty information into Pointstreak computer.
Responsible for maintaining the ice rink surface and the facility
- Performs a variety of skilled tasks in maintaining skating rink facility and its equipment.
- Maintains restrooms and performs janitorial duties.
- Operates ice resurfacing machine and manual edger to prepare ice surfaces for skating.
- Enforces rules of rink, maintains security of building during youth activities..
- Monitors ice-making equipment, gauges proper temperatures; secures protective barriers; performs other related manual duties assigned necessary to efficient ice skating operations.
- Oversees skating area during public skating sessions.
- Lock the facility at the end of the shift.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to work nights & weekends.
- Working knowledge of the use of tools, equipment, and materials commonly employed in work performed.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in work performed.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work in a cold environment